Thursday, March 20, 2008

Garage Sale Fun Finds

We recently spent a morning checking out the local garage sales. Here is about $8 worth of my favourite finds. Some plastic dress up hats for my little boy, a wooden block puzzle, a few patterns and a 1985 Cabbage Patch doll who looks pretty good for her age. She was sunbathing after a ride in the front loader when this picture was taken.

Back in the '80's I was desperate for one of these somewhat odd looking dolls. Several weeks of odd jobs and pocket money later I had enough for a cheap copy, which I loved anyway. I still have her tucked away, with all the outfits my Aunty made for her, and she comes out to play if we have small visitors. Now she has a playmate, and I can't wait to sew her some clothes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny Jen! I was desperate for a cabbage patch doll growing up and sadly never got one. My kids however couldn't care less about them! Go figure. She's very cute by the way.