Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Mitts

Thought I would get in on the oven mitt action!

I started with the tutorial from The Longest Year blog, then altered it to suit my needs. I traced the shaped from a comfy mitt I use at home and I was going well til I reread the instructions and realised she recommended special wadding. Suddenly doubtful about the insulating qualities of my wadding I doubled the thickness in the second and third pairs, but only on the palm side. This made it necessary to indicate the thicker side, so I assigned each glove to the appropriate hand.

This little project gave me the perfect excuse to use up some of the fat quarters I've been collecting in case I get into quilting in a big way (LOL) and especially to use up several ugly ones on the inside lining!!

No comments: